Juz Me~!

I'm A SUPER LOH SOH GUY~! I think i'm a Sanguine(high "I" person in the D.I.S.C personality test), hv extremes in mood(mood swings? i duno)... Nvm... BUt i chose to remain happy... ANyway, Life still goes on. So, might as well live it happy. N btw.. I'm XIAO MI FENG!! (my call-sign in BRC)

Monday, August 22, 2005

Rev. Sy Roger

He's a great man of God.. I enjoy his preaching everytime he came to our church. Super dramatic but so sincere and real.

Reasons why i liked him so much..
1. He does not hide his struggles but is very open about it.
(this makes me feel tt i'm not weird to have those types of struggles) Cos i know of some leaders who'll say "why like this, why like that.. u cannot u noe?" kena makes me feel so condemned abt myself.

2. He's dramatic!
He's like a great comedian... Jokes that he made are so meaningful that it has some teaching values in it. Not craps..

3. He's a great story teller
Yup, he tells us abt his experiences even in simple things tt'l happen in every family but relates it to the character of God.

This week he talks about LOVE (something that speaks to everyone cos we're all looking for love!)

He started of by telling us there's different kinds of "food" that all humans hunger for:
1. Food for the body (erm.. no need to elaborate on this)
2. Hunger for Truths (that's why we will always ask y...)
3. Hunger to be loved

Amazingly there are "counterfeits" to the food that feeds on the hungers tt we hv.. And those counterfeits cannot nourish our body it was planned to be.
1. Food frm the rubbish dump to satisfy 1.
2. Strange truths that ppl will try to teach to satusfy 2.
3. Sex for a moment to feel loved to satisfy 3.

(how true..) He toks more abt no.3.
he says TRUE love means

1. Acceptance frm ppl.
(People will try to doll themselves up not that they really want to but the main thing is to look good SO THAT THEY CAN BE ACCEPTED by other ppl!) ANd the greatest form of not being accepted is REJECTION.. esp frm ppl u loved. God accepts who u are...

2. Accountability to ppl.
(Ppl will try to mask their true self or their darkest secrets cos they're afraid that if anybody finds out, people will reject them... But accountability to other ppl allows One to know if they're really accepted amist of their "weaknesses".
When GOd gave us boundaries, it's not to restrict us (though we can still disobey and do it) but it's really to protect us.)
For eg, a mother will tell her children,"I dun care wat other ppl did.. u're my child, so u better listen to me.." Wat this mum did was not really to restrict the child but really doing it out of LOVE by Setting boundaries to protect the child...

3. Affirmation.
(Affirmation is not juz words but it comes with actions as well.. Actions speaks louder than words... LOve is also an act... )
When a child comes crying to their parents after they accidentally physically hurt themselves, what they wanted to know was "Does my parents really love me? Does my pain matter to them?"
So instead of Blaming the child for getting themselves injured, parents shld actually go to them, empatise, "sayang" them to let the child know that "Yes... i love u and ur pain matters to me..". Our pain Matters to God..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home